September 21, 2008

Perspectives Assignment

Hi again, folks. Remember me? I should only be gone one more day, because this is my last day of comprehensive exams. However, I still have this horrible virus-thing, and I've lost my voice... So I'm not promising anything just yet.

Here's the drill: We talked a while back about audience, purpose, composition, and context. I want you to write a 3-5 paragraph essay that addresses the first three of these in 'This Boy's Life.' Talk about who this is aimed at, and what you think Wolff wants to accomplish. Remember that both of those are CLAIMS. For EVIDENCE, you need to look at the composition--the writing. At the very least you can talk about what happens in the book. But if you want better than an average grade, talk about HOW the book is written as well.

Hand it in to your friendly sub. Do your best. I'll be back soon...